* The Aloe Vera plant holds a thick liquid substance in its leaves that are packed with vitamin B12, magnesium, copper, zinc just to mention a few important ingredients.
* Due to its anti-viral ,anti-inflammatory & anti-fungal properties , Aloe Vera is being used in many oral care products such as tooth gels, mouthwash & even dental floss.
Uses of Aloe Vera in helping with common dental issues :
- Bad Breath (Halitosis)- The anti-inflammation & anti-bacterial qualities of Aloe Vera works as a natural remedy.
- Gingivitis (inflamed gums)- As plaque builds up on & around the teeth, it produces enzymes and toxins causing the inflammation. Aloe kills gingivitis causing bacteria and acts a powerful anti-septic for areas where it is difficult to reach with your toothbrush.
- Stomatitis (inflammation inside the mouth)- Many denture wearers develop denture stomatitis (oral condition), this can occur from leaving dentures in while sleeping as well as smoking, or vitamin A deficiency. One of the causes of stomatitis is Candida Albicans (Fungus). Since Aloe Vera has anti-fungal properties, this can be effective in fighting this disease.