|Brush & floss 3x/day!|
- Products such as mouthwash do not cure bad breath. Many contain alcohol,which dries the mouth & restricts the flow of oxygen,actually causing bad breath.
- Bad breath is caused by food particles that get stuck in hard to reach areas of the mouth.
- If you have bad breath cut back on smoking or coffee consumption .Drinking water can also help freshen breath by alleviating dry mouth,which can allow odors to linger.
|Decrease coffee consumption|
|Drink water to alleviate dry mouth|
|Cut back or consider quitting!|
- A number of new products are now available to help neutralize the sulfur compounds that cause of bad breath. ( -ie- BreathRx, Smartmouth products).
- If you suffer from bad breath,try scheduling recare appointments more often with your dental hygienist. A trained hygienist is able to clean inside areas of the mouth that can be difficult to reach yourself.
|Consider dental hygiene visits every 3mos-4mos|
- If you halitosis does not improve, your dentist may refer you to an otolaryngologist- an ear,nose & throat (ENT) specialist-who can help identify the problem.