Bacterial infections spread throughout the body, so it's a little leap of logic to consider that an infection in your mouth might affect other parts of you...
- For any years scientist believed that oral bacteria alone was the primary culprit in linking Gingivitis (gum disease) to other systemic diseases, but...
- According to the American Academy of Periodontology, inflammation, which is also associated with infection , is worthy of particular attention.
- Gingivitis (gum disease) is called the sixth complication of diabetes.
- Diabetics are more likely to have Gingivitis (gum disease).
- Diabetics have more difficulty controlling blood sugar if they have Gingivitis ( gum disease), which increases risk of complications.
|Happy Healthy Smiles!|