Habits that will crack or chip your teeth or injure gums...
- Tearing packages open, pulling tags off clothes, undoing knots, cracking nuts, chewing ice, cutting through string, opening bottles
- Using things like toothpicks, earring posts, scissors, needles, cardboard, and lollipop sticks instead of floss.
- Clenching and/or grinding teeth (bruxism).
- Sucking on lemons and other acidic fruit, as well as drinking juices, power drinks, and smoothies.
- Brushing immediately after drinking juice, coffee, or anything that contain acids which weakens tooth enamel, excessive scrubbing, brushing from side-to-side or up-and-down instead of circularly.
- Not Brushing regularly.
- Not flossing daily.
- Indulging your sweet tooth.
- Avoiding dental recare visits & professional cleaning.