Online or off, the digital world can present some risks to the the unwary. For example, research suggests that young teenagers tend to consume more sugary snacks during prolong gaming, which in turn can increase the likelihood of dental caries (tooth decay). As well, teeth whitening products which are accessible online may not be a safe choice at any age, because they could harm gums (gingiva) and damage teeth enamel. When it comes to good oral health, trust your dental team.
HERE ARE 5 TIPS FOR EVERY MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY:
- See us first to make sure your mouth, teeth & gums (gingiva) are healthy before starting any whitening program.
- Choose one of our supervised whitening options for safety & the maximum results only we, your dental care team, can provide.
- Stick w/ your maintenance schedule to keep your smile bright. NO WHITENING IS PERMANENT and regular professional cleaning is essential to remove stains and the calculus (tarter) that can cause Periodontal (gum) disease.
- Keep sweet food, desserts, and drinks to mealtimeand brush & floss thoroughly afterwards. It's consumption over extended time periods that heightens the risk if caries (decay).
- Acidic food and drinks can be just as harmful to your teeth as sugar. The acid erodes tooth enamel and can make your teeth sensitive, more vulnerable to cavities, and unattractive.